La vidéo pour le concert "Equality Rocks "

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    George Michael France Index du Forum -> Interviews Presse- magazines

Anik Répondre en citant
Administratrice/Moderatrice

MessagePosté le: Sam 12 Fév 2011 à 23:43    Sujet du message: La vidéo pour le concert "Equality Rocks "

Le journaliste Tomas Mournian, auteur du roman " Hidden"
se souvient comment son article sur les jeunes gays sans-abri,
l'a conduit à ce qu'il soit chargé de faire une vidéo pour la pop star
George Michael.

"Hello, this is George, " said the voice on the phone. "George Michael." The twice-repeated first name, easy familiarity, and British accent reminded me of another iconic greeting ("Bond. James Bond") Surely, I must be dreaming about this George. George Michael. Then again, this "George Michael" voice triggered memories: "Freedom," "I Want Your Sex," and "Club Tropical." For a closeted 16-year old driving around in his red Karmann Ghia and loudly singing off-key, George's songs promised something unspoken, urbane, and sexy.
Still dreaming, I listened to "George Michael" describe reading my article "Hiding Out" in Attitude, a U.K. glossy. I got out of bed and looked outside. It was dark. I wasn't dreaming. George Michael really was telling me, "I was very moved by the story. I want to make a video." Could I hook him up with the kids who'd escaped from gay-to-straight "hospitals" into an underground network of safe houses?
"No," I said, taking notes. There were two weeks to find the safe house kids, edit their interviews, and deliver the video (“Freedom, Part 2”?) to RFK Stadium for George's performance at Equality Rocks. "But I can."

Problematically, while I knew exactly what I would do for the video, I had no clue about how to actually make a video. No worries — I'm from L.A.; I faked it and George signed on, pop star style, agreeing to pay for everything. His manager, Andy Stephens (now overseeing American Idol winner Susan Boyle), made one thing clear: George Michael Pop Star was paying for this project out of pocket — his pocket. And though those were deep pockets, George Michael the person wasn't a spendthrift. I had to make every penny count.

http://www.advocate.com/Arts_and_Entertainment/Books/London_Calling/
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    George Michael France Index du Forum -> Interviews Presse- magazines
Page 1 sur 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions